Saturday 8 April 2017

Apple TV in the classroom

Apple TV in class

I recently added an Apple TV box to the interactive whiteboard in my classroom.  Having tried using other software previously to mirror the screen of the iPad unsuccessfully I decided enough was enough and got AppleTV.  
I have not been disappointed.  Using the book creator app with the children I was able to mirror my iPad and scaffold the children's learning.  While children had used book creator before the results this time were far better as the children were able to ask me to show them how to do different things as often as they needed.
As the lesson progressed I was able to switch from my iPad to different children's iPad's.  This meant that we could look at children's writing and praise what was good and help them to improve their writing.

After using Apple TV to mirror the book creator app, I have now used it with the kindle app, highlighting text to develop comprehension, used notability app with photos of pupils work and then circled and highlighted elements to show good work.

I also used Apple TV to mirror the Seesaw app so children could learn how to upload their own work to Seesaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment