Thursday 30 June 2016

Green Screen workshop eTwinning Conference 2016

It’s behind you! Greenscreening in eTwinning

Led by Joe Dale

Prior to the workshop we had been emailed a list of apps to download that we would be using in the session.  This was really helpful as it meant I had a chance to look at them prior to the workshop.  

Having been to one of Joe Dale's sessions before I was prepared this time for the pace.  Joe's sessions cram as much into them as possible and at times the speed at which he is able to do things can be quite scary.  I would love to record the sessions so that I could pause at certain points to practice for a bit longer.  I was trying to make notes and follow the step by step instructions which was going well until we go to using FlickStackr Explore.  I decided the best way to try to note take was to screen shot as I was doing different things.
First Joe asked us to save a green background to our camera roll.  

Then we used my talking avatar app to record u to 5 minutes of speech.  
  
This clip was them put into Doink green screen app along with the green background.  We then could record our avatar against another background.

Moving swiftly on Joe then asked us to use Tintype to make a photo look old.  
Then we put this photo into Yakkit kids.
I choose an image I already had in my camera roll for this.



Then using image chef we place the green background into the newspaper.

Then we saved this to our camera roll and went back to green screen doink app.
This then enabled us to create a talking newspaper. (very Harry Potter like)


Following on from this Joe then showed us how we could get an image like a TV but make sure it was creative commons licensed.  At this point he used the explain everything app to put the image in to edit it and then went back to the green screen doink app.

Joe had then created a video clip on an old style TV outside a French cafe.  I was starting to plan how I could use this in the classroom.  I think it will be a great way for SEN children who struggle to get things written down to succeed and share their ideas.

Using MSQRD you can create some fantastic special effects, that again, I think my class will really enjoy using.  These can then be put into the green screen app with a different background.  
Joe also used pic collage to put a message in a heart shape.
                    
Joe then showed how to use adobe spark.  I have used adobe spark to make video clips but hadn't thought of using it with green screen.


Joe's session introduced so many apps that could be used in imaginative ways that I would never have thought of.  It was great to have the time to explore them but, the session really wasn't long enough.  I am really looking forward to exploring them further and hope that the children I work with will take the ideas even further.  

It was a fantastic and very informative session that covered a huge amount.  I now need the time to embed all I have learnt and may well need to contact Joe for further advice when I realise I have forgotten one of the steps of the app smashing!



This was the list of apps we downloaded prior to the session:
Doink
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/green-screen-by-do-ink/id730091131?mt=8 (this costs £2.29 but Joe finds it really useful in getting some hands on practice in Greenscreening)

FlickStackr Explore

My Talking Avatar Free

Pic Collage

ImageChef

TinType

Yakit Kids

Tellagami

MegaPhoto

PhotoFunia

MSQRD



1 comment: