Monday 17 October 2016

Pokemon Go in Italy


I have to admit that ever since my children introduced me to Pokemon Go I have been very fascinated by it.  
Anywhere you go that attracts tourists is great for Pokemon hunting and Florence was no exception.  With so many beautiful landmarks, the poke stops are only a few metres apart.  While I am getting somewhat bored with catching Pidgy's Ratta and Sparrow's at home, I decided to give Pokemon hunting a try while visiting Florence.  

Initially I was somewhat disappointed as a Pidgy appeared followed by a Ratta.  However as I stocked up on Poke balls and potions an Evie appeared.  Then I spotted on my nearby list a silhouette of something I didn't have.  After a bit more walking toward the river I had caught a couple of magicarp, then a Pinsir appeared.  I had not caught a Pinsir so was excited to add a new Pokemon to my pokedex.  Sadly after three attempts the Pinsir ran off.  Later that day I discovered Pinsir's are not rare in Florence and by the end of my short stay had caught seven.  
I hatched another egg while walking and was fortunate enough to get a Lapras from it.  My buddy, a graveler, managed to give me enough candy to evolve.

My most exciting catch was Pikachu who appeared near a poke stop while I was sitting enjoying a pizza for lunch.  Then on the way to the airport I caught a Grimer who I had never even heard of before.  I used a raspberry and an ultra ball in the hope it would guarantee a catch which luckily it did.

All in all I think I may stick to Pokemon hunting in tourist places from now on as it is more exciting than the Pidgy's and Ratta's around my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment